Oracle database administrator with a minimum on 5-8 years of experience in managing 24×7 mission critical databases.
The position requires intermediate to senior level capabilities with respect to database administration for a fast paced environment.
- Position entails all aspects of database administration including database design, software installations, database creations and upgrades, replication, backup and recovery, scripting, performance monitoring.
- Proactively maintain, administer and troubleshoot critical database systems(both RAC and Non-RAC) of various sizes on different binaries.
- Setup and monitor DR and Data Guard solutions to reduce the recovery time at the standby site to minimize data loss in case of a disaster. This includes maintaining database service levels and availability goals; database monitoring and performance tuning; database backup and recovery; resolving production database incidents and implementing applications releases.
- Provide 24*7 oncall support on a weekly schedule for resolving complex production issues.
- Troubleshoot and resolve database issues related to connectivity, integrity, performance, blocking and deadlocks, replication, profile, data guard, backup & recovery, security and log shipping.
- Participates in application code walkthroughs and ensures code is efficient and conforms to DBA recommended standards and practices.
- Performs database refreshes, loads etc to support application testing requirements.
- Automate DBA related tasks and jobs using shell scripts.
- Analyzes and gives recommendations to various teams on advanced or new features in various versions.
- Should be able to write and maintain quality documentation on various database features and different high level tasks.
- Strong Real Application Clusters(RAC) knowledge and hands on experience in terms of planning, installing, configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting issues in version 12c, 18c and 19c.
- Strong shell scripting skills.
- Knowledge and Experience with various features like Flashback Data Archive(FDA), ASO, ASM, Oracle data integrator(ODI), Golden Gate and performance tuning.
- Experience with various tools like OEM, toad, sql developer etc.
- Strong performance tuning, backup & recovery(RMAN and logical backups), security, upgradation and dataguard skills.
- Good communication and writing skills with respect to documentation.