Join our team! RxAdvance is a disruptive healthcare company that leverages an enterprise platform to transform an antiquated industry. With guidance from visionary leaders, such as John Sculley, former Apple CEO, and Oscar Salazar, co-founder of Uber, and many other healthcare and technology innovators, RxAdvance embraces innovation and entrepreneurial thought to define the future of healthcare. RxAdvance was founded with a noble cause of enabling coverage of the uninsured and underinsured, while lowering premiums for all Americans, by partially reducing the $900B of administrative and avoidable medical costs across the care continuum.
This position will join a collaborative team of designers and programmers of varying experience levels, acting as the senior authority on the Mongo DB portion of the project. The Database developer will be responsible for developing, testing, optimizing, and maintaining new database configurations, as well as performing version upgrades. This position must proactively monitor database activity and utilization and is ultimately responsible for the overall health of the database.
- Serve as the team’s subject matter expert on Mongo DB
- Understanding performance and scaling of Mongo databases
- Designing and building operational infrastructure to support databases
- Collaborate with team members to create, publish, and maintain database
- Troubleshooting and timely resolution of database-related issues
- Ensure adequate backup of database and perform recovery duties as needed
- Advising team members and providing guidance as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- At least 3 years of demonstrated capability with Mongo DB development. 5+ years’ experience highly desirable.
- Strong working knowledge of Java Script, XML, HTML, ASP.Net, C# and various databases, especially MongoDB.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other technical field is required. Master’s Degree in a technical field a plus, but not mandatory.
- Proficiency in new and emerging technologies
- Proficiency in multiple programming languages and tools
- Demonstrated capability of working directly with development teams or leading teams
- Must be a proactive problem-solver and demonstrate initiative
- Ability to independently analyze and debug as needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability and willingness to train and/or mentor teammates as needed